Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Homesick :/

You know...being here in Hawaii is wonderful. I am constantly in awe at the beauty that I am surrounded with. The amazing food, the beautiful beaches, the sea-life, the lush mountain range, the perfect weather and the many shades of people (almost Truman-show like in their friendliness now that I think about it...hm..). I love it here, it really is paradise.
I was talking to a friend the other day and realized that next month I will have been away from home for a year, having had nothing but phone calls and the occasional skype to keep in contact with my fam. I can see how much I have grown and improved in just this short amount of time, I am much more independent (if you can imagine haha) and have a deeper testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ then ever before, my experiences forcing me to put my faith into action. The lessons I have learned from moving literally half-way across the world are invaluable to me...but today the blues of being gone has caught up with me a little. Paradise isn't the same if you aren't experiencing it with the people you love... not exactly paradise. Looking over my mom's blog today, reminiscing memory after memory...I have realized the sacrifice I have made in coming here. Im missing so much at home, the little ones have grown at least foot each, the kids go on adventures, drive my parents crazy, say the darndest things day after day, Shyla is dating and Austin is playing rugby hardcore...and Ive missed it.
I cant say enough how excited I am to go home this December... truly it CANT COME SOON ENOUGH! I know everyone will have changed quite a bit in the year and a half I will have been gone. I will have changed a lot too. How awesome it is to know that even though I am separated from my family right now that we get to be together for eternity??!!! That brings a smile to my blues. Here are some of my favorite pictures for old-times sake :)





















I LOVE my circus of a family!!!

No comments: