Our show this year is based off the musical "Wizard of OZ". At first I thought it was gonna be kinda lame, but I guess it grew on me. We have alot of fun dances and some really cool stuff that my mom missed because her batteries were low and she wanted to save some for later songs. She didnt get any of the first song, Somewhere overthe rainbow. The only cool part you missed in that one was at the very end, some band parents ran these long 3 feet wide banners in between the band. their were four of them, yellow, purple, blue and red. It was pretty cool. Then this one above is cyclone. Its pretty fantastic because we make a sort of tornado in the middle with the cow running around, a house someone puts out there and the girl who plays the witch who is also running around the cyclone. Then, after this part you see above, we run thru the band and to the back of the field to get this black banner....and I'll let you see the rest: )
This thing is alot heavier then what it seems, and we have to stretch it out while running and be gentle with it at the same time so it doesnt rip. About 25 minutes before we were about to perform, we were gonna fold it up really quick and it ripped, about 6 feet into one side. Thank heavens one of the band moms is a seamstress that lives 5 minutes away. Her and another mom sewed it up really quick about 10 minutes before we were gonna go on. AHHHH! it was really stressful. But I was glad that we got it done.We really need to get rid of that old ancient thing, its more then a decade old, Mr. Fullers trademark. Someday there is gonna be a trajedy on the field with that thing, "Colorguard goes after band teacher with 6-foot poles after banner incident", "Black carpet causes entire band domino effect", " Liberty Colorguard on Strike!", something of that nature.
We thought of a bunch of things to do if she didnt get back in time tho. Such as saftey pin it together, or rip it the rest of the way, in half, and run two banners : ) we were just kidding around for the second one though. Mr. fuller did NOT think it was funny. LOL. Im the one on the farthest side, the one farthest away from my mom on the end that ran the banner...yes, I ran too far and almost had those trombones under the tarp too : )
This one is munchkin land....I am the girl with the green flag, dont pay attention to the girl in front of me in pink, or the girl behind me with the yellow for that matter. Neither of them knew very much of what they were doing. I hope they get it down before our competition tho. I was screaming counts the whole time! I think Im going to go to Idaho for collage and then be on the colorguard there, then at least I can be with people who want to be there, you know? I even have been having some missionary experiences with the girls on my team...Its cool that I can answer some of their questions...helps me too, makes my testimony stonger and such : )
Speaking of testimonies, wasnt general conference awsome??? I loved that the prophet spoke so much, i took like 25 pages of notes in my journal. Did you hear we're getting a temple here in kansas city now? yep, right down the street from us in shoal creek...about 20 minutes away......... : )
Ginny...Matt, you know what that means. You dont have any good reasons not to come and live by me now. Come on, it'll be fun. You'll never regret it: ) Things down here are eighty times fold better then up there in dreary AK. Everyone is saying that this is suppose to be the coldest winter in the U.S. for more then 50 years!!!!! : ) Its pretty bold, I know, but really. COME LIVE BY ME!!!! : ) I miss your kids too, and visiting will just make me miss them more when I leave, so dont even suggest it.
3 comments:
jessy i will solemly tell you that i will not come and live in mo EVER. LOve you and all but i would miss my friends
I am assuming the anonymouse comment is from Samantha...and well, she'll move if we do. So she can't solumnly tell you that! LOL Not that we are moving mind you!
That looks like it was a lot of fun! Flag team looks like a blast.
Post a Comment