Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why are driveways where you park and parkways where you drive? What genius decide that?

I know Ive been busy lately, but being a junior in high school...and it being spring...this probably makes it the busiest time Ive had all year! Homework, ACT, job, license,ACT, college, scholarship...ACT. Not to mention all the musical stuff Im doing...or the drama that comes with it. But, when we changed semester, I got a new class called, "creative writing", which I totally adore. I wrote this non ryhming poem and thought I'd share. We didnt have a choice on whether or not to do it on life...we just chose the comparison.:)


Life is a magnificent sculptor,

His brow furrowed in deep thought.

The clay lays spiritless before his life giving hands,

the figure inside untouched.


Carving gently, carefully away, he reveals the unseen...

Perhaps a bitter old man? A Beautiful Queen?

His forehead covered with grim, he scorches it in the refiners fire.

Now shaped forever, the master caress's its features with color.
Vividly dark and disheartening, Passionately bright and fearless.


The masterpiece is complete.






Its sort of a first try, but I thought I did well for my first time :) haha. I kept getting comments like, " what was the sculptor and the end???"...Well, that is for you to decide. What are you going to reveal of yourself to life? the bitter or the beautiful? choose wisely because when you are scorched in that refiners fire, you truly are shaped forever inside. Sorry, im feeling a little deep right now. I think it might have to do with all of my studying lately. Ive been doing a lot of reading in the Book of Mormon, and also a book by president Eyring called, "To draw Closer to God". Its an amazing book. He's taught me what I need to do, step by step, so I can feel closer to my Father. I dont want to be that slothful servant that went and buried his talent in the ground. I want to double my gifts. And also spread the gospel like were commanded. It works, truly, I can feel myself changing inside. My testimony growing. For a while, I felt myself at a standstill and couldnt for the life of my figure out why....well, Im moving forward again. It sort of feels like Im being filled up with hot cocoa...and happiness. All cozy and such :D Talk to you later, T.T.F.N.! ( ta, ta for now :))

2 comments:

Ninny said...

So good to see you post again. I mis hearing about how you are doing. Good thoughts! You are a good person Jess.

Anonymous said...

Jess that was amazing. I think that you have a wonderful poetic side...use it well.
sam