Monday, March 30, 2009

For when your in a pickle, you should listen.

I went to the General young womens broadcast on saturday night. I must say, Im very glad that I was able to go even tho it was storming and sleeting/snowing outside. We heard from the General young womens presidency and then from the prophet. How I love to hear him speak, he's so fun and seems like a grandfather to me just as much as a Seer and Revelator chosen of the Lord. I really loved all their talks. It mostly circled around the new part of the theme were adding which is virtue. Its nice once in a while to hear our leaders talk about the sancitity of woman hood. Sometimes that role can get buried under homework, chores, job, stress and hormones , if you know what I mean. Its nice to get back on track and feel the spirit closer then before. You know, Its funny. Ever since I took up the "3 promises" of the youth leaders (pray night and day ( which i was already doing) read scriptures at least 5 minutes a day everyday, and to smile, be happy. I hadnt been reading my scriptures lately, but I started that very night, realizing with a start that the reason I wasnt bright and shiney anymore was because I wasnt progressing, or even trying to progress in the gospel. It all just got lost with the life of a teenager for a few months. Ive been making myself put the gospel first, I was before, but this time, I was doing it all. Reading the scriptures, but also studying them. Doing "Preach my Gospel", Personal progress for the second time, reading work and the glory/ Kingdom and the crown/ Draw closer to God ( by Henry B. Eyring) , praying more intimitly and just...pondering alot. Guess what? It worked! I feel so much better when I'm doing all I can to be better. I have a testimony that the leaders we have are put there for a reason, and that the things they say are to be podered out and listened to as if it was the Lord speaking directly to us. President Monson spoke about 3 ways we need to have courage in these latter days, " to refrain from judging others, courage to be chaste and virtuous, and courage to stand firm in truth and righteousness." I cannot tell you all the parts of the Conference I loved, but if you havent seen it, or even it you have, I suggest you listen (again) because this stuff comes in handy when your in a pickle :)

http://lds.org/move/index.html?type=conference04-2009&event=april179&lang=english

No comments: