So it all started with dad looking at the weather channel and finding out that it was suppose to be 60's to 70's on halloween. Then he started saying how we needed to go camping and have fun while it was still nice outside. You'd think that after spending six weeks in that 5th-wheel he'd be sick of "camping", but not my dad :). So instead of trick or treating this year, we celebrated halloween HALE style, mom and dad went and bought us a bunch of candy that was on sale and we went camping at watkins mill. I have to say, it was absolutly lovely outside. I think I could camp all summer if I had to. After setting up camp we cooked steak and sat around the fire playing games, such as stomp, or do you want to buy a duck?. We roasted marshmellows and drank soda. Then star gazed and I watched a movie in my tent with shy, austin, and nathan on my bran spanking new laptop :) (yep, bday present;)) It was a terrific time. Then, this morning I woke up to dropplets hitting the tent randomly. and noticed that everything was quite fuzzy looking. Then I opened the tent to see....only about 40 feet in front of me in all directions. It was REALLY foggy. I felt like I was literally walking in a cloud! We had peach cobbler and pancakes for breakfast. Then went on an awsomely relaxing walk complete with pictures and collecting stuff for a "nature" box we made. Then we played phase ten and laughed and joked around till it was time to leave. It was all so much fun I didnt want to leave. I kindof wish at these times that I could just camp for 2 or 3 weeks. Just to get away from everything. You really get to know people when your camping, their real self comes out. You also find alot of entertainment just wherever you stand! well, enjoy my pics. Isnt the squirrel funny? I litereally got that close to him and made clicking sounds that he liked. Oh! and I ate a real nut while he was watching, it was a walnut :) he was very envious haha lol jk. anyway, my first real date is tonight with a guy Im real good friends with. His name is Nick Ritter and were going to double up with my bf erica and her boyfriend. Dont worry, I wont do anything dumb and my phone will be on me the whole time! well, I really have to get ready now, he comes at four and Im still in my PJ's. wish me luck!
Since I rarely have time to "talk story" (like they say here on the islands) and pictures are worth a thousand words, Ive decided that I am less of a "blogger" and more like a "photo-blogger". Most of the time I will use pictures instead of paragraphs to describe my experiences at this time in my life as a college girl, "in-between dreams".
Saturday, November 1, 2008
CAMPING!!! with a date on the side;)
So it all started with dad looking at the weather channel and finding out that it was suppose to be 60's to 70's on halloween. Then he started saying how we needed to go camping and have fun while it was still nice outside. You'd think that after spending six weeks in that 5th-wheel he'd be sick of "camping", but not my dad :). So instead of trick or treating this year, we celebrated halloween HALE style, mom and dad went and bought us a bunch of candy that was on sale and we went camping at watkins mill. I have to say, it was absolutly lovely outside. I think I could camp all summer if I had to. After setting up camp we cooked steak and sat around the fire playing games, such as stomp, or do you want to buy a duck?. We roasted marshmellows and drank soda. Then star gazed and I watched a movie in my tent with shy, austin, and nathan on my bran spanking new laptop :) (yep, bday present;)) It was a terrific time. Then, this morning I woke up to dropplets hitting the tent randomly. and noticed that everything was quite fuzzy looking. Then I opened the tent to see....only about 40 feet in front of me in all directions. It was REALLY foggy. I felt like I was literally walking in a cloud! We had peach cobbler and pancakes for breakfast. Then went on an awsomely relaxing walk complete with pictures and collecting stuff for a "nature" box we made. Then we played phase ten and laughed and joked around till it was time to leave. It was all so much fun I didnt want to leave. I kindof wish at these times that I could just camp for 2 or 3 weeks. Just to get away from everything. You really get to know people when your camping, their real self comes out. You also find alot of entertainment just wherever you stand! well, enjoy my pics. Isnt the squirrel funny? I litereally got that close to him and made clicking sounds that he liked. Oh! and I ate a real nut while he was watching, it was a walnut :) he was very envious haha lol jk. anyway, my first real date is tonight with a guy Im real good friends with. His name is Nick Ritter and were going to double up with my bf erica and her boyfriend. Dont worry, I wont do anything dumb and my phone will be on me the whole time! well, I really have to get ready now, he comes at four and Im still in my PJ's. wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment