Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer tastes Sweets

WOW. Summer is passing me by so fast! Its so hot here in MO, it got to 107 just on wednesday, scorching! and my mom's care doesnt have air conditioning so I cant really escape it. But, a way Ive sort of tuned out of it is by reading. Yeah, Ive been doing alot of reading, that might be one of my favorite things about summer, and that I get to go swimming in the MIDDLE of the day :) Its nice. Ive been reading the Work and the Glory series, and have yet to start Praise to the Man because Im borrowing from a forgetful friend. lol. But I love it. My mom has discovered an awesome author by the name of "Shannon Hale", we both really liked her book Austenland...and I just finished the one called Princess Academy that had a dumb ending...but it was pretty funny all the way through and she kept surprising me. Just no romantic ending which is what I wanted, I know I know, Im just a mushy person Ok? Then on top of those, Ive read "The Host" by stephanie Meyer which was pretty intense the whole time. I love her style of writing, but I dont like how she thinks its ok to slip a cuss word in there every once and a while,...even if it is for the style and mood of the text especially towared the end of the Twilight Series I noticed.. hmm. Only a few slipped in the host tho, and they were the little ones, only like 3 or 4, so I just skipped over them.
It was going to be a girls night out last night and we'd get together with other women in the ward and go to chili's then to see the new movie "My sister's keeper", which I read this last year and I remember it kept me thinking for a while about it. But, we were just way too tired, so we might go see it today. But mom says she's not in the mood for a good cry, so we'll probably end up seeing Transformers two, or the one with Eddie Murphy in it and the blanket (?) oh well.
I become such a book worm over the summer because Im stuck at home unless Im running errands or at work. Mom is on a deadline for completing her class and It seems austin, shy and I have become the official babysitters untill she's done.
Lets see, what else has been going on lately...I might as well list them off.
  • Shyla's birthday on the 2nd went great with the surprise party, totally surprised her which was the point :) we played "security", "mofia", "signs" and did something on the tramp. that involved throwing a ball at the two people jumping, then if you get hit, you switch places with them. And we watched some movies too towards the end.
  • Shyla got an "Itouch" for her birthday and pays more attention to that thing then I do to the road when Im driving ( if you can imagine ). She's already had it taken away twice because she cant seem to put it down. :) Im saving up to get one of the new Iphones with picture taking on it...sort of waiting for the price to go down. I know, good luck right? haha.
  • Mom decided that she was tired of buying diapers, and now we are doing really well with everyone using the potty, although the floor has a few more stains then it did before. yuck.
  • Raychelle got a HUGE black eye one night when she was standing on a stool, too close to the TV, and she lost her balance, twisting in the air and came down hard on the edge of the coffee table with the bridge of her nose and her cheek bone the only thing cushening her fall. It is so swollen, but it was worse. Im really grateful the fall didnt do anything permenant.
  • There was a concert in kansas city by the "Tabernacle Chior", and even tho I didnt get to go, eveyone said it was amazing. I will get to go someday tho, and since Im going to do my last two years of college at BYU Utah, I will have plenty of occasions to go to general conference and here them speak :) which Im excited to say.
  • Our garden has gotten, HUGE!!! we ate our first squash already, and today I think we are going string bean collecting because there are alot of them out there. We have 7 peppers on the move and our corn is about 4.5 feet tall now. Tomatoes are every where and Its just so fun to see all of our familys hard work being paid off. I love it.
  • Girls camp a few weeks ago was amazing, we went on a 7 mile bike ride, went splonking in the devils Icebox cave, hikeing for what Im sure was more then 5 miles along with tie dieing, loads of games, pranks, hemp bracelets, rag flip flops and sunsets that could get your misty. We camped right by the Missouri river, and it was peaceful. We didnt get to go canoeing because it stormed up river and raised it 4 feet (!!!), so were going to go on July 14th instead. And, to quiet our protests that the boys get to go camping and do alot more fun things then the girls (they went to colorado this week for high adventure, makes me disgusted....:/ ) the leaders are going to try to go camping again before school starts and perhaps a few more times untill winter sets it. Hopefully we'll get a new stake president who doesnt mind so much if the boys and girls do high adventure together....you can tell what he thinks too because every time ( not joking) every single time Ive heard him speak he talked on chastity and virtue. Whats REALLY awkward is when he tells the bishop and his counslers to tell the youth and they combine us all together to speak about it. You might be laughing but alot of us come out of there blushing to our toes. Makes me shiver just to think about it.
  • I guess all I can say is that summer tastes sweet. :)

PS, I couldnt find the camara but I'll post some pics later if I get to it before mom does :)

No comments: