Yesterday was alot of fun. It all started with a phone call at about 9:15 in the morning. It was the bishop, informing me that he had signed me up to give a talk in just an hour and a half. Of course he was sorry and all that he hadnt called sooner, like wednesday. But no worries, I pulled it off. Then on top of that, I was chosen to give a talk later on that night at a missionary fireside at the liberty jail. I loved it, their was so much music, and good testimonies. The spirit was definetly there and I was half crying the whole time. It was really wonderful. I just love the ward Im in right now, everyone told me what a good job I had done and one person even said I should be a writer. What a thought! : ) Good idea tho, Ive always loved to write poems and songs, stories. Im taking a creative writing class this upcoming semester though, so we'll see how it blows over. I'll even post some of the poems I'll be working on.
Weve totally switched around our house now. Mom and Dad get the attic to themselves, Shyla, Raychelle and I get Nate and Raych's old room and Austin, Nathan and Sarah get mom and dads old room. You should have seen us trying to fit the king sized matress up those steep attic stairs. What a sight! It was so funny, I should have video taped it. Sort of sad tho, yesterday was my dad's last sacrament meeting with us for a long time. He's going to be gone for 4-6 months, down in texas and stuff, taking care of the hurrican victims insurance. Im gonna miss him. He's gonna miss so much! My homecoming game, first date,when I get my drivers license and prom too I think. Hopefully he'll be back by then, and hopefully sarah raych and nate wont forget him. My mom is holding up well I think. I know she misses him, despite all the arguments theyve had about going. They prayed alot about it and went to the temple about it, so we know its the right thing to do.
Its getting cold down here, the leaves are finally changing to my favorite season, the most beautiful in my opinion...Fall!!! Fall here is the most beautiful Ive ever seen.Im going to take alot of pictures, you can count on it. : D.Well, I gotta go do colorguard pratice, wish us luck! our first competition is not this friday but the next. Crazy how fast time flys.
No comments:
Post a Comment