February 16th, yesterday, our stake had a belated-Valentines-dance that I went to. Mom and I went shopping on Friday for a white sweater to go over a red dress I got a while back. She went to a Mary-Kay party on Saturday before the dance and brought home some new make-up for me to use. Then to top it all off she helped me do my hair, and fix my dress so it would fit right. I love you mom!!!! I got to say it was a really great night. I danced with 6 and a half ( ;p ) guys and then swung with Zach Tyler. He and I were in swing dancing lessons together for a few months before the play and lets just say we've got the hang of it. It's fantastic to find someone (especially a guy) who likes to dance as much as I do. We had a fun time showing off.
The 'gathering' started at 5:45 and dinner at about 6: 00. Then, around 6:45 ish we went into the chapel and had a fireside, with a really great speaker (Brother Tervort) who talked about being steadfast and immovable (our theme this year). After that Alex Ames, Zach Tyler (yep.), Isaac Ames and Dalin Russel did an a cappella performance of the hymn #335 Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy. We joined in for the last verse. Then, finally, there was the dance...
The first game that we played was called "snowball" . This is where one couple starts dancing in the middle and when the DJ says, "snowball" then they split up and go find new partners. It continues like that until the whole room is dancing. I was stunned that I was one of the first ones up there dancing! I never am and It was surprised me. We also played the Limbo and a game called Cinderella. Cinderella is played kind of like the story itself. First all the girls take off one shoe and put it in the middle. Then the guys race to go pick a shoe. They are suppose to find the girl it belongs to and for the next dance, that's their partner. It was fun.
I can’t remember the last time I went to a dance, maybe 3 months ago, I think. Any who, sorry I didn’t take any pictures. I almost took a picture of me in curlers and painting my nails (I’m sure you can imagine it yourself tho. LOL), then a picture of me all ready to go, and another at the dance with some of my friends and I. But, we ran out of time and of course I forgot the camara. Still, I love to dance and I’m ready for another one already!
No comments:
Post a Comment