This weekend was pretty fun, and now that I think about it, wet too. We went camping, for the first time as a family in a year! It started out pretty good, just setting up camp and enjoying family. I gotta tell ya, once your out there and there isnt anything occupying your time, you start to actually hear eachother. I figured out my family is a pretty funny bunch too. For instance, austin. That kid is hilarious! We were eating dinner and the chicken was hot, so we were using the Tongs to pick them up. Nathan thought they were awsome, so he took off with them. Then, Austin wanted seconds so he asked mom, "Mom, do you know where the thongs are?" . He was dead serious and I about choked with laughter. Mom just said " what?" and smiled. Then Austin repeated " I cant find the thongs, they were around here somewhere and I want some chicken." We just started laughing. Then Austin did too after my mom explained what " thongs" were. : ) we called them thongs for the rest of the night.
It wasnt all fun though, I was burned 3 times and mom stabbed herself in the foot just before we left the house. Then, Shyla, Austin and I ended up in the tent outside and were woken up at four in the morning to the loudest storm Ive ever heard! It sounded like a bunch of 3rd graders got a hold of the percussion section of an orchestra! SO LOUD!!!! and cold too. I kept laughing because I would jump when the thunder would boom and it started pooring and shyla couldnt get out of the way of any stay water dripping through the tent. We were a sight! Mom and dad said that they were considering coming out and getting us, wondering if we were ok, then they heard Me laughing and knew we were ok. It was funny at the time~ like those times when you laugh for no reason and just cant stop. : ) It was great. It really did smell good though when we got up in the morning. Im glad we went, I just hope its warmer next time so we can go swimming in the lake, it was freezing today!
2 comments:
Man it sure looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!!Did you ever find the thongs? I really like the duo tone picture of the storm... great job. U Matt
That is so funny. I am laughing my head off. That is so funny. Thongs? Really Astin? I miss you guys and think that i will call them thongs also.
Sam
Post a Comment