Ok, so Saturday went pretty well. I was almost not able to go though because mom and I were running late. I got to the bus and then about a minute later they took roll once again and decided to leave anyone who hadnt already gotten on the bus. YIKES! I am really glad I got there in time though, it was alot of fun. Ive learned to appreciate my concert dress though because some schools had to wear robes, like the old church choir kind. I wish I wouldve had my camera, we were really nervous and quiet, so one of the girls started messing around with her dress, making the chaffan into a sort of head covering. She acted like an old maid and started putting on a show. I gotta tell you, girls act the most goofy when no boys are around, and only friends are with them. Me included!
Anywho, we went into the practice room and warmed up then went out on stage. The French piece went pretty well, I wish I couldve listened to it though, I dont know if it was recorded or not. ( ? ) Then we had a piece called "A child said" which I thought we did great on. After singing we got a standing ovation from the guys, thanks. I was happy with how we performed too. But, as if on timing, a girl I know from my ensomble last year passed out for about 30 seconds. She was really confused when she woke up. I guess she had just been really dehydrated.
So after this tramatic event, we all put on our "happy to be here" faces and went into the sight-reading room where we sight read "psalm 44". We did pretty well, the second sopranos faltered in the middle of the piece when we performed it on words, but we got right back on pitch, and I hope the judge will give us credit for that. Then we went into the auditorium for the guys to perform. They were wonderful! I was happy to be from liberty. : ) I think my favorite was the "this little light of mine" because of the incredible solo Gabe had at the end. Nice goin': )
Im a little bit sad that its over, I loved being in a Mass women's chior ( 130 girls!), it was nice. We dont find out what score we got untill tomorrow, so I'll post then.
No comments:
Post a Comment