
This had to of been the best temple trip I've been on in a long time. At first, I wasnt too positive that it was gonna be a great trip, I mean, i was stuck in a 15 passanger van with only 5 girls in the whole thing. There were 3 priests and the rest were Teachers ( tho I wouldve swore they were deacons.). The "Teachers" spent most of the 4 hour trip to St. Louis trying to get the cars beside us to honk by putting up signs to the window, and mostly got dirty looks. Thats when they put up " Evan Loves you". ( Teacher) Evan was the major clown of the bus. My Best Friend and I spent some of the trip up watching " American Mormon" and " Dunstin checks in".
When we got there, Erica and I walked around the temple, singing hyms trying to feel the spirit before we go in. I did take pictures, but they are on my cell phone and I cant find the converter, so the one off the internet will have to do : ).
I ended up double suiting and being the first one in the water, baptized by brother Ames. It was really cool, half of my names were from Missouri and about a fourth was from liberty. Erica told me what a sight I was when I came back out in my second suit. Ratty hair pulled back in a bun ( forgot a brush...oops).
All dressed in white with bright red toenail polish ( not really suppose to wear that, but I was let-off this time). Then I did conformations with Brother Ames ( again, weird huh?).
When I was finally dressed and ready to go back, walking in, I noticed hardly any girls were singing, let alone getting the right notes. So I went over and sat by shyla, trying to get her to sing louder. I was hoping to get a chain reaction. But no. I still felt the spirit when we sang " Nearer my god to thee". I love that song so much. It has alot of meaning to me, and then singing it in the temple made me misty. Its so nice to go to the temple. As soon as you enter those doors, all the sound melts away and peace takes over. It is just what I needed.
After that, we all horfed down some pizza ( and stole the leftovers for later : )) and then we were on the road again. The only thing is that we were extra squished this time because Isaac Ames decided he wanted to be in our car, but no one would give up their seat! There was only 3 people in the back though, and it was a 4 seater. He ended up sitting on the floor, then laying down underneath the benches most of the time. We stopped at Mcdonalds to go to the bathroom, then many of us got ice-cream. I guess we were all hyper then because we started telling Riddles, and jokes. It was this way for the rest of the way home. I had a blast, though I still dont know the answer to zach's riddle. See if you can figure it out
" Why is the duck always in the wrong place?"
It stumped me, and now Im thinking he doesnt even have an answer, its gonna drive me nuts! "Its to think about." he said. ( : ) ) whatever!
When we got back to the church it was 7:00. My mom was on her way, but Sister Tervort got left with all the dishes from this Semenary teacher dinner thing going on, so I helped her with those. Then when I went outside, Erica was walking around the church but looking kindof gloomy, so I ran back in and wrote " I love( heart) you! -foxy lady." Foxy lady is my code name with a story behind it, tell me if you care to hear it and I'll tell : ).
THEN, ( hold on guys, we're almost to the end..) I went home and went to bed. Hah, and let me tell you how good it felt not to be moving anymore. Very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment